|Eucalyptus oil is a natural cure for travel sickness!|
If you travel often, you don’t have time to get nausea or deal with headaches right? You have sights to enjoy, people to see and places to be! I travel often and I used to get sick with even the slightest movement of the vehicle. But after much trial and error, I learned some simple tricks to hack travel sickness and enjoy my trips after all.
Here they are:
- Fresh air: No brainer right? But so few people do it! In a car, roll the window down. In the plane, turn on the fan.
- Cold feet. Really. Over heated or sweaty feet adds to the nausea! Remove your shoes and socks to cool off. Take it further and spritz eucalyptus oil spray on the bottom of your feet. This will cool your feet and directly calm your stomach.
- Peppermint oil or eucalyptus. Dab a little of either oils behind your ears and this will ease the motion nausea.
- Drink a lot of water. Staying hydrated will keep you from feeling heavy or sluggish in your digestive systems. However, don’t overdo it. Take small drinks at a time to not overwhelm your body.
- Stay away from alcohol and sugar. Both of those cause stomach upset and dehydration.
- Get enough rest. Before, after and during your travel, being fatigued will only worsen your symptoms.
- Mint. Mint flavored gum or even a little peppermint oil in water will keep you feeling fresh and on top of your belly!