A sore throat can be the main symptom of your cold or just one of many. No matter how it arrives, it’s uncomfortable and a stubborn nuisance. But there are natural ways to kick the beast fast and we want to share them with you, because we at Eurospa are dedicated to natural health and healing with all that we do.
Of course, prevention is the biggest secret to staying healthy for the long term, but there are many natural remedies to compliment your preventative lifestyle choices.
Here Are the Top Natural Sore Throat Remedies For Rapid Relief!
- Lemon tea. At the first sign of your sore throat, heat up some water to a comfortable heat. Add to this the juice of half a lemon and a pinch of cayenne pepper. To make it sweeter, add a natural option like stevia or raw honey. Drink 1 - 3 times per day or as needed!
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Similar to the above drink but a stronger flavor, add 2 tbsp of the vinegar to about 8 oz of water. Sweeten as needed. It doesn’t taste as good, but it’s very efficient at killing bacteria and viruses while supporting your body’s fast healing.
- Eucalyptus and other menthol vapors. We all remember our parents rubbing vapor rub on our chests when we were struck with the cold and we also remember how it relieved that burning feeling in our throat, nose and lungs. Well, run a hot shower, and spritz eucalyptus oil spray into the steam for the same and more effective results!
Eucalyptus is refreshing, stimulating and a powerful long lasting oil with a very well-known aroma, right up there with the more common essential oils, such as lavender, rose and mint. Eucalyptus is a must-have for every family medicine cabinet, due to it's anti-bacterial and anti-viral healing potency.
In addition to the relief it provides, other benefits of eucalyptus include:
- Respiratory aid with a strong influence on breathing and is helpful for regenerating lung tissue and function
- Stimulates oxygen uptake in our cell tissues and increases circulation. Increased oxygenation in the lungs promotes the cleansing and repair function of red blood cells.
- Eucalyptus eases inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes, as well as nasal congestion.
- Eucalyptus helps to relieve fevers. Useful in cool compresses; apply to the forehead, back of neck, over the kidneys and pelvic region. Only a small amount is needed otherwise may produce a chilling effect.
- Eucalyptus is a traditional remedy for sinusitis, bronchitis, asthma, strep throat, colds and flu, hay fever, catarrh, coughs, sinus headache and tension headaches due to congestion.
At Eurospa, we are proud of the quality we produce and promise to always only deliver the best to your family and home. Get a bottle for yourself and start experiencing the benefits of eucalyptus oil today!