So what makes a good soap? Well soap makers and users alike, all agree that a soap needs to clean efficiently, without drying out the skin or leaving a filmy residue. But what about bonus effects?
If You Make Soap - This is An Ingredient You Want to Know About!!
- Menthol Crystals. Previously, we shared with you 15 ways menthol crystals could change your life. One of those ways, is that menthol crystals can be added to soap!
- Menthol is often used as an ingredient in bath and skin care products to refresh, revitalize, and enliven the skin. Also, because menthol crystals have antipruritic and anti irritant qualities, they are great for anti itch creams and balms. But in addition to these already wonderful benefits, menthol is able to enhance your health and sense of well being in other ways as well!
- Menthol contains local anesthetic, antipruritic, analgesic, antispasmodic and anti irritant qualities. The use of menthol in bath and body products can actually engage the cold sensitive receptors in our skin and provide a cooling sensation. This is very helpful when dealing with sore and stiff muscles. Circulation will increase, causing healing and relief to happen far more rapidly.
- Additionally, menthol crystals can be used to alleviate nausea, especially when the nausea is due to motion sickness. This is because peppermint (which is used in making menthol crystals) is a natural carminative herb, meaning it can settle the digestive system. This is a big benefit for women battling morning sickness or during air travel.
- When it comes to chest congestion and upper respiratory issues; menthol can work as a decongestant. The uses in this category for menthol crystals include: rubs, balms, or salves. Inhaling the minty aroma of these crystals will also help to alleviate the blockages.