If you or someone you know suffers from muscle pain, allergies, skin conditions, emotional imbalance or respiratory challenges, then this is something you want to know about and get your hands on. There’s a reason the top spas and natural practitioners have been using menthol crystals for so long. The crystals work hard to support your body’s immune system and natural ability to defend itself and heal.
Menthol crystals generally come from India and are extracted from mint leaves with a gentle freezing process. The properties are so concentrated that just a few crystals are needed to create very powerful effects. *Just beware. It's important that due to their strength, you may want to wear protective eyewear, gloves and keep the space you are working in well ventilated. They are easy to inhale in small quantities in steam, but when you are creating a recipe, you'll be working with larger amounts in a dry environment.*
Some of the powerful benefits of menthol crystals are listed below.
- When mixed with a carrier oil or aloe vera gel, menthol crystals can reduce itching.
- Add menthol crystals to your favorite hair oil as a hair growth accelerator! Mix a small amount into the oil and massage on to the scalp before you shower, twice a week !
- Menthol crystals can be used to alleviate nausea, especially when the nausea is due to motion sickness. This is because peppermint (which is used in making menthol crystals) is a natural carminative herb, meaning it can settle the digestive system.
- Calms sunburns when mixed with aloe vera gel
- Reduce fever by placing a very small amount on the forehead or bottom of the feet.
- Reduces inflammation from a sore throat when applied topically all around the neck. Can be applied directly to cuts, scrapes and bruises to reduce inflammation and irritation.
- For respiratory problems, many people love making their own vapor rub alternative that is more effective and made of safer ingredients with the same cooling/numbing feeling that also opens up the sinuses.
- Sinus Clearing: When your sinuses are really stopped up, just the smallest amount in a little very hot water, will send vapors up into your sinus, clearing them and helping you breath. Just keep your eyes closed to protect them from any chill or sting.
- Used as aromatherapy, the scent can be used to provide relief of stress, anxiety and nervousness.
With that long list of benefits, it’s hard not to be sold on the power of menthol crystals. We at Eurospa, believe that all people have the right to good health and feel-good living, which is why we provide such high quality eucalyptus and menthol products, such as our eucalyptus oil shower spray and menthol crystals!