How? Well here are the top ways to beat morning muscle stiffness:
- Stretch: This is first tip because it’s so necessary. No matter how you eat and live, your muscles need to be stretched. Its best to stretch them before (once you’ve warmed up) and after each workout and before bed.
- Hydrate: Muscles need water. If the muscles are dehydrated they can’t function smoothly and will also cramp up.
- Calcium / Magnesium: This is a supplement you should definitely look into. Calcium with magnesium feeds the muscles with what they need to grow, contract well and relax. Take before bed to fall into a restful sleep and avoid sleep cramps.
- Limit Caffeine and Alcohol: Both are incredibly dehydrating to the muscles and both deplete your body of calcium and magnesium. If you do need to have one of the above, drink extra water and boost your vitamins and minerals.
- Heat and Eucalyptus: When eucalyptus essential oil is of a high quality and not processed or diluted, (like our pharmaceutical grade eucalyptus) it has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that make it a great option when treating sore or over-exercised muscles. Eucalyptus oil can help relax stiff muscles, allowing for pain relief and ease in range of motion and muscle movement. The best way to enjoy eucalyptus is in the steam of a shower or in the heat of the sauna. Need tips on that? See below:
1. Add 3-5 drops of straight (neat) eucalyptus oil directly onto sore muscles. Slowly massage into skin. (It's a strong oil thought and it may be best to dilute with coconut oil first, until you know how your body responds)
2. Add 15-50 drops of eucalyptus oil to a hot bath. Combined with the benefits of the oil, the heat of the water encourages muscles to relax and helps reduce next-day stiffness. For additional benefits, Epsom salts can be added to the water as well.
3. The easiest and our favorite option, is to get our Top Grade Eucalyptus Oil Shower Spray and simply spray into the hot steam of your shower - or even into the warmth of any sauna or steam room. You'll not only enjoy the relaxation in your muscles, but you'll be breathing in the anti-inflammatory properties of the eucalyptus, along with every molecule of oxygen that enters your body.
Remember, the body has an amazing ability to heal itself when supported well through lifestyle and proper healthy habits. Pain in the body is also a sign of something else going on, so in addition to getting relief naturally, be sure to investigate the cause with your doctor or natural medicine practitioner.
Eurospa is dedicated to your health on the inside and out. As always, contact us with any questions as we want you on the road to body freedom as joyously as possible!