Whatever the case, I think we all agree that it’s time we had some simple tools to keep these viruses at bay.
Here are a few quick tips for beating the cold season this winter:
1. In lower temperatures, wear a coat and scarf. I have so often seen people wandering around town like it’s sunny outside while their exposed arms are covered in goose bumps proving otherwise. A cold body is a compromised body. If the body is busy working overtime to keep your body warm, your immune system is going to have to settle with the left over energy to fight off these unwanted, contagious visitors. Do yourself (and your kids) a favor and bundle up appropriately. Adults? Hats, scarves and coats are not your enemy. And if you require your kids to wear them as well, you’re not the enemy either; you are the protector. You can do it. I believe in you.
2. Keep your insides warm too! When we eat ice creams and smoothies in the winter, we chill our insides causing the same (if not worse) weakening of our immune systems as when we under dress for the weather. My solution? Besides chilling out on your cold food consumption? I call it, the fire starter tea. It’s quite simple, so get a pen and paper and keep this one visible in the kitchen. For one serving, simply squeeze ½ a lemon into your cup and add hot water. Then add about 1tsp (more or less) of cayenne pepper to the mix. Sweeten with honey or stevia and you’ll be on your way. Of course, adjust to taste. I personally prefer much more cayenne and the fire it starts inside me. But you just play around and see what works best for you. Lemons are high in Vitamin C and the cayenne is good for circulation, inflammation, congestion, weight loss and so much more. It’s a win win!
3. Clean out the bad to make room for the good! I’m not talking about an all out body cleanse; though you should go for it if you feel so inclined. Naturally, one of my favorite natural winter immune boosters is eucalyptus oil! The benefits?
· Antibacterial Properties – great for respiratory infections!
· Pain Relief – proven to have analgesic properties
· Stimulates Immune System Response to common conditions like: Arthritis, skin problems, congestion, acne, diabetes, flu, fevers, ulcers and more!
The best way to activate the Eucalyptus is through steam therapy treatment. Have you noticed how much easier it is to breath once you step into a hot steaming shower? Your lungs and sinus feel free to expand. Well, add to that the oils of the eucalyptus joining that steam as it opens up your tightened bronchial passages while penetrating and clearing out the infection causing the problem. To enjoy a therapeutic steam, just add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to a saucepan of simmering water on the stove. You can also use a humidifier -- some actually provide a compartment for essential oils. If you don't have an oil diffuser but would like to disinfect the air, no need to even dilute the oil, just aim and spray! My personal favorite is to use it in the shower, steam rooms or in a spa!
The result is ridiculously effective, cost efficient and safe for both your body and the environment. The benefits of aromatherapy as a health investment and even the perfect gift, makes this an easy and relaxing tip to apply to everyone’s weekly winter routine!
A healthy and luxurious winter is available for all at Eurospa Aromatics whether you are a large spa or want to buy independently for personal use in your own home or as a gift.
So let’s recap a moment, shall we? The top 3 ways you can beat the cold season?
· Dress for warmth. (not just success ;) )
· Light your inner fire
· Eucalyptus Steam Therapy
Take charge of your health this season. Get a bottle for yourself or even as a gift, right here.
Take a deep breath. Love your body and practice good health now.