Steam Rooms Aren't Just for Gyms and Spas Anymore
You can spend as little as $1000 or as much as $20,000 to create a steam room in your home. If you're like me, you want to have a pretty good reason to spend even a $1000. So why would I spend around a $1000 to add a steam room to my current tub/shower, $2000 or so for a prefab steam room, or $5000 or more for a steam room as part of a built in remodel? Here's ten pretty good reasons.
1) Increase the value of your home — bathroom remodeling projects return an average of 102% on their investment – Generally only kitchen and bathroom home improvement projects return more than they cost. And 102% might even be conservative. Turning an old bathroom into a stylish, state-of-the-art bathroom could easily add $25,000 to the value of a $400,000 house, and $50,000 to the value of a $1,500,000 home. A steam room component alone should add $10,000 to the value of a $400,000 house and $15,000 to the value of a $1,500,000 home.
2) A home steam room makes you happier — Being able to hop into a steam room is a simple pleasure that you will enjoy every day of your life. And you can find surveys that show that the the Swedes and the Finns are some of the happiest folks on earth. They know the value of steam baths.
3) Look better — There are some scientific studies showing the benefits of steam that indicate that it’s good for your skin. One is stress reduction, because stress is proven to cause breakouts. Another is cleaning out your pores. Another study, conducted in Italy, indicated that individuals who steam reduced the # of visibly clogged pores by 40% after just 7 steaming sessions in a two week period.
4) Impress your friends — I’m not sure how much of a benefit this really is, but it’s a fact: your friends will be impressed (and a bit jealous) when they see that you have a steam room in your house.
So you can make your house better, improve your quality of life, and make money at the same time.
5) Health benefits - As noted in and earlier post here, studies indicated that steam is very helpful in fighting off colds and reducing symptoms.
6) Relief for sore muscles - Of this we have no doubt. Every coach or physical therapist will recommend heat for some injuries or sore muscle situations. And if you've ever tried steam as a way to speed up the recovery time after heavy use of your muscles, you already knew this.
7) Sell your house faster - There are a few things that just make a house super appealing. A built in outdoor bbq for the husband, an amazing modern kitchen for the wife. A steam bath, especially a steam bath in a beautiful master bath, could tip the scales on your home time after time.
8) And best of all, add Eucalyptus Oil for Aromatherapy - You can dramatically increase all of the above benefits, plus add even more by adding some pure eucalyptus oil to the steam in your home steam bath.